Saturday, April 18, 2009

Blondes, are you recession proof?




it seems as though everyone is going blonde? trend? maybe. maybe not. Maybe it's a reflection of the downward turned economy? I just read that blonde hair dye has risen in sales by just a tad under 70%. I read an article proposing the idea that when credit card purchases are no longer fun, girls have to try out an old theory. Okay, so am I really supposed to believe that being blonde beats the economic-blues...I suppose all attempts are valid. Recent blondes, are you having more fun? See, I am more likely to believe that Kate and Agyness have a little something to do with the peroxide party. But, really, I am all ears.

1 comment:

leideigh said...

as a recent blonde, i feel i can weigh in on this. granted, i am an accidental blonde (long story), but anyways i still have just as much fun as i did as a redhead/brunette, but not as much fun as i did when my hair was blue or purple. i think blonde sales are going up because a lot of people are not blonde, and ghanging hair color can give you a sense of control in an uncontrollable economy, and it's fun to make a drastic identity change. i read an article that more people are going brunette to help cut the costs of touch-ups, esp at a salon. i also read an article that more people are going all natural "down there" to cut costs of maintainance at salons.