Sunday, March 22, 2009

smitten under sunless skies



sunless skies, shiverring and in love.


I used to think it was hard to write about happiness, but days like today I just can't help but want to give permanence to this moment via words. I love words. Is it the fact that I am heading in a non external influenced direction that I find passion and excitement for, or is it merely the moving leaves against the white skies, Los Angeles lit by a far away, muted sunlight past the ocean through my window?

I suppose it may just be both.

It's strange I never could pinpoint why I am "happy" under overcast skies… but I think I may have come to some sort of conclusion today. I find myself happiest when in thought, when my mind is working at a fast pace but when I understand the evolution of each contemplation and reflection… it's as if I am in total acceptance, but at the same time heavily motivated and completely full to the brim with content. A sunless sky, or at least a muted one, white like a clean slate prompts this ability to think and feel. Almost like an unraveling of self analyzation. The kind of analyzation that breeds answers to questions I so very often toxically ponder.

The sun impedes such ability.

Anyhow, so I am happy and amazed. Curious and secure. Full of thought and urgently needing to purge words. Any words, all words. These words.

I am wrapped in a cream and chocolate brown striped scarf, shivering, sipping green tea from a Guggenheim, Bilbao mug and completley in love with the windy world.

No comments: